Monday, July 21, 2008

Parking issues for the Vigil

An email I received - very good information

Melaine,

Also, I had another visitor after Jan S. left and I was waiting about 10-minutes before the Meyer's showed up. It was a police officer that said he had just read the notarized injunction and it stated that we couldn't stand under the tree in the shade, we had to stand on the sidewalk or on the grass near the street. Also, he recommended that I move my car to the Steak & Shake parking lot across the street or it could be towed if the complaining business requests. I had walked in the parking lot a few times to distribute information to PP clients that had expressed an interest in the literature or had drove around near to me for the information. Supposedly, I am not allowed to do that either. I think what got their goat was my yelling across the parking lot, which I agree is rather annoying. If we could stand near the business, I wouldn't have to yell, but I guess we can stand on the sidewalk and just yell a little louder.

During the day I noticed employees from the clinic going over to the granite countertop company and then cops coming to the countertop company. Perhaps we can put them on our "no shopping" list. If a few Christian homebuilders knew what they were doing to support PP, I bet they could influence their behavior.

Anyhow... just wanted you to know that they claim that we're not allowed to park in the parking lot or walk in the parking lot to distribute literature. I think we have access to the sidewalk as you enter and exit the shopping center as opposed to just the far corner. The cop said that if you haven't received a copy of the injunction, you can contact PP to request a copy. Also, keep an eye out for the McKinney Courier - there should be an article regarding the protest efforts.

No comments: